Are you ready for something to brighten your morning before your long workday?! Well try these apple butter cinnamon french toast sticks, they are absolutely amazing!
- 8 slices of thick Texas toast (sliced into 1 inch strips)
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of apple butter
- 4 tablespoons of butter (melted or cut into cubes)
- 2-4 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar
- maple syrup for serving
- fresh apples or berries for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each slice of bread into three sticks.
- In a medium mixking bowl, whisk together the vanilla, milk, cinnamon, eggs, and salt. Then whisk in the apple butter.
- One at a time, dip each bread stick into the egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Remove, allowing any excess to drip off back into the bowl.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining bread.
- Brush eat french toast stick with a little butter.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Servec warm with maple syrup.