This is the perfect healthy comfort food and makes for a great snack on the go!
- 150g of wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 grated medium red apple
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 125ml of low-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp of almond meal
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of rolled oats
- 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place 6 cupcake liners in a 6-cup muffin tin.
- Lightly spray the liners with oil spray.
- Place the flower, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt over a large mixing bowl.
- Add the apple and stir until well combined.
- Whisk the coconut oil, egg, vanilla, maple syrup, and milt together in another mixing bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir gently.(Don’t overmix).
- To make the crumble: place the coconut sugar, cinnamon, coconut oil, almond meal, and rolled oats together in a small bowl and mix until crumbly and well combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the cupcake liners and sprinkle the crumble over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and serve.