Ready for a delicious spring salad?! Try this simple fava bean salad with roasted-garlic vinaigrette! You will surely be amazed!
- 1 1/2 pounds of fresh shelled fava beans
- 1 pound of asparagus, tough ends removed
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of toasted and chopped raw almonds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- Juice and zest (removed in long strips) of 1 lemon
- Blanch fava beans in a pot of salted boiling water for about 1 minute.
- Transfer to an ice-water bath.
- Blanch asparagus in a pot for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to ice-water bath.
- Drain vegetables.
- Remove outer skin from fava beans (you should have 1 cup).
- Pat asparagus dry.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high.
- Swirl in oil, then add garlic and fava beans and season with salt.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer beans to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Let skillet cool slightly, then whisk lemon juice into oil in skillet; season with salt and pepper-(add more oil if dressing is too tart).
- Add asparagus; toss to coat with dressing.
- Combine almonds and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Transfer asparagus to a platter, top with fava beans, and drizzle remaining dressing in skillet over the top.
- Sprinkle with almond-zest mixture and serve.