Summer is flying by, but before it ends you have to try this amazing summer appetizer! Make it for your late summer parties!
- 4 to 5 ounces of goat cheese
- 1 pound of strawberries (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin oil
- 1 whole-grain baguette or small loaf of crusty whole-grain bread (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves that are torn into little pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F with racks in the middle and upper third of the oven.
- Line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Set the goat cheese on the counter to soften
- On one baking sheet, toss the strawberries with the honey, then spread the strawberries into a single layer.
- Bake on the upper rack- 20 to 25 minutes, tossing halfway.
- On the remaining baking sheet, bruth the olive oil lightly over both sides of each slice of bread.
- Bake on the middle rack for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the toasts are cool enough, top each one with a smear of goat cheese, followed by a spoonful of roasted strawberries and their juices.
- Finish it off with sprinkling basil and black pepper.