Today is National Relaxation Day!
But you’re not stressed, are you?
Of course, you are! According to the American Psychological Association’s annual Stress in America survey, 75 percent of Americans reported regularly feeling at least one symptom of acute stress in the month prior to the survey.
So how can we feel better?
Here are 11 ways that experts say will help you relax.
- Chew Gum. The repetition is soothing
- Surround yourself with plants. The extra oxygen will help with your stress.
- Mow the lawn. The chemical emitted from the grass is said to help with your nerves.
- Listen to classical music. I suppose any music you like would be soothing.
- Kiss. It helps the brain get rid of stressful chemicals.
- Reduce screen time before bed. This will help you get a better nights sleep, which will lead to a less stressful day.
- Laugh. It’s been known to help with the feel-good chemicals in your body.
- Eat chocolate. It releases a pleasurable chemical into the body.
- Breathe into a paper bag. It will help focus your energy and take stock of your breath.
- Have something with citrus in it. The citrus is supposed to help soothe you.
- Drink tea. Taking the time to slow down and sip a beverage with help with your stress.