Everyone has chocolate lying around in their house somewhere. Well, now it’s time to dive into that chocolate because here are 5 GOOD effects that chocolate can have on the body:
- It has some nutrition. A high quality dark chocolate with a high cocoa content can actually be pretty nutritious, with fiber and minerals like iron, magnesium, and potassium.
- It’s got antioxidants. Raw, unprocessed cocoa beans are among the best foods when it comes to antioxidants, and dark chocolate may even have more than blueberries and acai berries.
- It can make you feel better. Chocolate increases the production of endorphins and serotonin, which can decrease pain and lift your mood. It also boosts the release of phenylethylamine in the body, which increases energy.
- It’s good for your heart. Eating chocolate has been show to reduce levels of “bad” cholesterol and raise levels of “good” cholesterol. Daily chocolate consumption has been linked to a lower risk of stroke.
- Your brain also benefits. A study at Harvard Medical School found that two cups of hot chocolate a day helped improve blood flow to certain parts of the brain. Researchers think chocolate could help in fighting some diseases, like Alzheimer’s.