12 Things You May Not Know about Disneyland!
By Hope Bidegainberry on December 28, 2017
How many of these items did you already know about Disneyland?!
- King Arthur Carousel. The lead horse on the carousel is named Jingles. Walt Disney wanted all horses on the carousel and he wanted all of them to be leaping.
- Main Street, USA. It’s an amalgam of several small towns where Walt Disney grew up.
- Mark Twain Riverboat. It was built at the Todd shipyards in San Pedro, but the body was built on a sound stage at the Walt Disney Studios.
- The Haunted Mansion. It was originally conceived to look spooky on the outside, but Walt didn’t want anything shabby in his park.
- Tarzan’s Treehouse. There are 300,000 plastic leaved all added by hand.
- Animatronic birds. This began when Walt saw a mechanical singing bird in a shop on vacation.
- First dark rides. Fantasyland had the park’s first dark rides-Peter Pan and MR. Toad.
- Creating Fantasmic. Engineers had to drain the Rivers of American to install the equipment needed to operate.
- First FastPass. It was for “It’s A Small World” attraction.
- Splash Mountain. it opened in 1989 with animatronic characters recycled from the America Sings attraction.
- First cartoon. “Steamboat Willie” the Mickey Mouse cartoon from 1928.
- Club 33. The only private club in Disneyland.
For more information visit: http://bayareane.ws/2E85QsD