9 easy costumes for Halloween
By 965koit on October 25, 2019
I’ve never been a person who likes to wear elaborate costumes. Even when I was a teenager, I would just find something I already owned and turn it into a “costume” so I could get candy. The most dressed up I’ve ever been was the year I went as a clown. The party was clown themed so I painted my face in a clown-ish way and put on a jester hat. It looked like I put a lot of effort in but it was super easy and took about 20 minutes.
You could say I’m an expert at putting in minimal effort but still getting the job done (just ask my boss). I know I’m not the only person out there who doesn’t want to spend $100 on something you’re only going to wear once. So I thought that it was time to share some of my favorite costumes from over the years. The good news is that you probably own 99% of these items.
- Clark Kent turning into Superman – If you want to dress up as a superhero but don’t want to wear tights, this is the perfect costume for you. You need a Superman shirt, a button down shirt (preferably white) glasses and a tie. Unbutton the shirt to reveal the Superman shirt underneath, loosen the tie and occasionally rip off your glasses and run into the other room dramatically.
- A sports star – Do you have a hockey/Football/Baseball jersey? Put that on and and pretend you’re on the team, or get a foam finger and go as a fan. Paint your stomach to make it look like you put in a little effort and no one will question you.
- James/Jane Bond. – If you are one of those people who wear suits, put on the suit and be something that wears a suit. James Bond, FBI agent, Paranormal Investigator, Wolf of Wallstreet, Politician, Bodyguard, man or woman in black…etc.
- 50 Shades of Gray – Go down to your local hardware store that sells paint. Steal a bunch of the paint swatches that are shades of black and grey. Tape them to your shirt and go as 50 Shades of Gray. It looks a little lazy, but cool lazy.
- A Baby – How confident are you with your body? Just grab a sheet or a towel and make it look like a diaper. Wrap yourself up, lose the clothes and say your the World’s biggest baby. Better yet, paint your stomach with a football/baseball/hockey team that you hate and say you’re a fan of theirs. Plus you can fill a bottle with an adult beverage and no one will know.
- Onesie Costumes – Although I’m not a fan of them because they seem too lazy, every store has them. There are a ton of them so they seem to be popular.
- Youtube Influencer – Put on your best outfit, or laziest outfit and say you’re an Influencer. To go above and beyond, put a bunch of make up on and walk around teaching people how to put on make up all night long.
- Classic Ghost – The oldie but goodie is the sheet with a couple holes cut out. This seems like it’s not creative, but NO ONE dresses up like this anymore. It’s so cliche that it’s cool again. You’re totes a trend setter.
- Your significant other – Grab some of your partners clothes and go as each other. You may have to get a wig depending on what you look like, but those are cheap at the costume stores.
And there you have it! Some great minimal effort ideas that make it look like you care. If you’re going to a costume party, at least dress up as SOMETHING to show your respect. Your friends want to have a good time and you dressing up as “yourself” just kills everyones mood. If you don’t want to put in a little effort, just stay home and hand out candy.
If you want to be topical with your costume, check out all these ways to dress up as the Bay Area Power outages.