Cheesy Queso dip!! mmmmmmm
By 965koit on January 23, 2019
Is there really anything better than Football and Cheesy Queso dip? This recipe may take a bit more time than a block of Velveeta, rotel and a microwave….but aren’t you worth it? It’s healthier and will give you bragging rights for the best nachos in town!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 1/3 cups half & half
- 2 chipotle chiles, diced (canned in adobo sauce)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 ounce cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 2 teaspoon djon
- 12 ounces of Shredded Mexican Cheese from your local market
Over medium heat. Add the butter and saute red onion, garlic and jalapeño until soft. Add the half & half and chipotle peppers.
Whisk in the cornstarch and let everything come to a simmer. Lower the temperature to medium-low and stir in the cream cheese and mustard.
Slowly start adding the shredded cheese by the handful. Stir and add, Stir and add until the queso comes together. Serve immediately, or keep warm in a slow cooker or fondue pot.