Dogs on Surfboards? Yes Please!
By 965koit on July 31, 2018
Want to see some dogs hang ten in Pacifica?
Of course you do! The Dog Surfing World Championships is a dog surfing event for charity. Categories include small, medium, large and very large dog surfing, plus tandem “double dog” surfing along with tandem human/dog surfing.
The event is FREE to watch and only $10-25 to enter your dog for the event. It will be held Saturday, August 4, 2018 from 9 am to 2 pm at Linda Mar Beach, Highway 1 and Linda Mar Blvd., Pacifica.
Don’t have a surfing dog? Don’t worry, check out the full schedule:
- Entrant Check-In: 9 am-10 pm
- Dog Surfing (exhibitions and heats): 10 am-12 pm
- Human Solo Surfing: Noon -1 pm
- Awards & Prizes Announced: 1 pm – 2 pm
Pet Wellness Fair:
10 am – 2 pm
- Give Your Dog a Checkup (Nails, Teeth, Weight, Tips, Vet Questions)
- Massage and Fitness by Happy Hounds Massage
Surf Dog Village:
10 am – 2 pm
- Additional Sports Competitions
- Goughnuts Top Dog Disc Competition (e.g. beach frisbee catching)
- Goughnuts Top Fetch Competition (speed and distance for dog to retrieve ball tossed in water)
Mobile Pet Adoptions: (via Rocket Dog Rescue / Pet Food Express)
9 am-2 pm
JustFoodForDogs Beach Dog Fashion & Costume Contest:
Noon – 1 pm
- Dog Costumes
- Human Costumes
- Dog and Human (Mixed Tandem)
Yappy Hour After Event:
3 pm – 7 pm
Pedro Point Brewing, Pacifica