Fresh Gazpacho, perfect for a hot summer evening
By 965koit on August 14, 2019
Warm summer evenings are perfect for gazpacho! Find the sweetest, ripest tomatoes you can to make this fresh chilled soup. Add some crusty bread and a iced beverage for a perfect dinner al fresco in your backyard.
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 3/4 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- Blend the green bell pepper, cucumber, garlic, and 1/2 cup olive oil together in a blender until smooth. Add the tomatoes into the mixture one at a time and blend until smooth. Transfer the soup to a bowl; season with salt and cayenne pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon olive oil to serve.