Honey Kissed Chicken and Green Beans
By 965koit on February 12, 2019
Chicken and Green Beans, does it get any simpler? Serve over rice if you like and keep everyone happy and full at dinner!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Sunflower Oil or Olive Oil
- 2 cups fresh organic green beans trimmed and cut in 1/2
- Honey Lemon Sauce see below
- 1 cup of chicken broth, organic and low sodium
- Juice and zest from 1 large lemon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove minced
Mix the chicken, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar in a bowl and stir until the chicken is evenly coated. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
Heat a tablespoon of sunflower oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green beans and tsp of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stir frequently until beans are bright green but still crisp. Remove from heat, and set aside in a bolw.
Back to the skillet, add another tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add chicken, season with salt and pepper.
Saute for 5-7 minutes or until chicken iscooked through, keep stirring and turning to cook evenly. Add the chicken to the plate with the green beans.
Last step, pour the sauce into saute pan. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 1/2 minutes, or until the sauce reaches a low boil and thickens.
- Add the chicken and green beans back into the pan with the sauce, and stir until evenly coated. Remove from head and serve right away over brown or white rice if you like!