By Hope Bidegainberry on July 17, 2018
Looking for a new dinner recipe to try?! Try this delicious Jambalaya that’ll make you think you’re in New Orleans-it’s that good!
- 2 tablespoons of divided peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
- 10 ounces of andouille sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 diced onion
- 1 small diced green bell pepper
- 2 stalks of diced celery
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) can of crushed Italian tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of file powder
- 1 1/4 cups of uncooked white rice
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- Heat 1 tablespoon of peanut oil in a large heavy Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Season the sausage and chicken pieces with Cajun seasoning.
- Saute sausage until browned.
- Remove with slotted spoon, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of peanut oil, and saute chicken pieces until lightly browned on all sides.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pot, saute onion, celery, garlic, and bell pepper until tender.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, and season with red pepper, black pepper, salt, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and file powder.
- Stir in chicken and sausage.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the rice and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.