My experience as a stay at home mom
By 965koit on October 7, 2019
One of Nick’s greatest friends got married over the weekend and he asked him to DJ his wedding.
Of course, he agreed, but we found ourselves in a predicament.
All of his equipment fills up our little Mazda, so here were our options.
- I didn’t go.
- We rent a Uhaul and drive nine hours both way with a ten-month-old.
- Buy two plane tickets, rent a car, and rent all the equipment needed for the wedding.
The decision was pretty clear to us.
As much as I would’ve loved to go, I decided to stay back and hang with Lilly. Nick was planning on getting there on Thursday and leaving on Sunday, so that meant for four days it would just be me and Lilly.
How difficult could it be taking care of a little, teething baby?
Spoiler alert: It was hard.
Here are the things I learned over the four days…
- I am the “NO TV” parent, but that quickly flies out the window when you just need a break. But even that break doesn’t last long because she looks at me like this.
2) Babies are hard to entertain! Lilly’s attention span is twenty seconds at BEST! I had to go to First Five California several times just to get some new ideas for play
3) Babies do not appreciate a Target run.
4) Homecooked meal? What’s that? Doordash was my best friend.
5) If they should be napping and you hear a scream, you might find them like this.
5) It’s totally normal to go to bed at 8 pm.
6) No matter how tired you are, you find the strength to kiss that sweet face,
I survived! But I’m very glad to have Nick back.
What activities do you like to do with a little one? I need some new play ideas. Let me know in the Facebook comments.
Listen to me on Nick and Kristen in the Morning show M-F from 5:30-10 am. Click here to listen.