By Hope Bidegainberry on December 18, 2017
Are you celebrating Hanukkah this year?! Well here’s a delicious Potato Latke recipe that will blow everyone away!
- 1 1/2 pound of peeled russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped shallots
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a food processor, grate the potatoes.
- Line a sieve with cheesecloth and transfer potatoes to the sieve.
- Set sieve over a bowl, twist cheesecloth into a pouch, squeezing out some moisture.
- Let mixture drain for 15 minutes.
- After, pour off liquid from the bowl, but leave the white potato starch that settles in the bottom of the bowl.
- To that starch, add shallots, flour, eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Return drained potatoes to this mixture and toss to combine.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line a baking pan with paper towels.
- In a large skillet heat 1/4 inch of oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of potato mixture and cook for 3 to 4 minutes a side.
- Serve with applesauce or sour cream.