Prime Rib ~ A Christmas Favorite!
By 965koit on December 18, 2018
- 2-6 pounds bone prime rib (boned and tied)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Bring the prime rib to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix butter, garlic, thyme, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper. Rub all of the butter on the outside of your prime rib and place in a roasting pan or with the fat side up.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees. Bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 110 degrees (about 15 minutes for each pound of meat)
- Remove roast from oven and let it rest with foil for at least 20 minutes.