The easy Roast Turkey recipe you need for Thanksgiving
By 965koit on November 18, 2019
Roasting your first turkey for Thanksgiving? Do not worry, this fool proof recipe is easy and will keep them coming back for more. Happy Thanksgiving.
- 1 (12 pound) whole turkey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Clean turkey (take out giblets ect.) salt and pepper the cavity and place in a roasting pan with a lid.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder, dried thyme, ground sage, salt, and black pepper. Using a basting brush, apply the mixture to the outside of the uncooked turkey. Pour water into the bottom of the roasting pan, and cover.
- Bake for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh measures 180 degrees F. Remove bird from oven, and allow to stand for about 30 minutes before carving.