Who Run The World? Dogs
By Hope Bidegainberry on November 6, 2019
Nearly seven out of ten U.S. pet parents agree their four-legged family member is the top dog in their household. Here are eight stats from a recent survey of 1,000 dog owners…would you agree that you believe in this when it comes to your dog?
1. 92% of dog owners say their dog is like part of the family.
- That’s compared to 84% of cat owners who said the same about their cat.
2. 73% let their dog up on the couch or other furniture.
3. 69% said their dog is their favorite member of their household.
- 75% of woman agreed with that one, compared to 63% of men.
4. 62% have bought their dog a holiday gift before.
5. 54% have celebrated their dog’s birthday.
6. 43% have taken their dog on vacation with them.
7. 25% have bought a car or home with their dog in mind.
8. 17% have carried their dog or pushed them in a stroller, even though they could have walked on their own.