Zucchini Galette with Ricotta~
By 965koit on July 23, 2018
Summer Gardens are bursting with Zucchinis! Put a few aside and whip up this delicious Zucchini and Ricotta Galette for and easy summer dinner. Pair with a crisp salad and a glass of rose! Enjoy!
One 7-ounce package pie crust (you can also use a Frozen Puff Pastry and make into a rectangle)
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
1¾ teaspoons ground pepper
1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crust into a 10-inch circle then transfer it to the prepared baking sheet.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the ricotta with 1 egg and the garlic and ¾ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Spread the mixture evenly over the piecrust, leaving about 1 inch around the edge uncovered.
4. In another medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the olive oil, salt and remaining pepper. Arrange the zucchini slices evenly over the ricotta. Fold the edge of the dough up and toward the center, it’s ok to cover the edge of the filling.
5. In another bowl, whisk the remaining egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Lightly brush the egg wash around the edge of the crust and sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan Cheese.
6. Bake until the crust is very golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing and serving.