Hello, my name is Kristen and I have a curly hair.
All my life I’ve had curly hair. My dad has curly hair and my mom has bone straight hair. Even though it’s been thirty-something years, I’m still pretty sore that I got the curly gene.
Because it’s so much work!
I recently went to a new salon and got my first ever Deva Cut. A Deva Cut was created by the company Deva Curl and it’s where the stylist cuts your hair dry. They do this because most stylists wash your hair and cut it afterwards, but for us curlies, our curls shrink and what should’ve been only a trim looks like we lost six inches of our length when it dries.
So I had the Deva cut done, and it was a great experience. The stylist told me what she was doing and how she had to cut each individual curl. I felt like Beyone.
Then came the wash and style.
I learned about how to style my hair and this part makes me so envious of ladies with straight hair. My new cut requires so much work!
Here is what I have to do:
- Wash hair with special shampoo and condition.
- Flip my hair over when it’s soaking and put leave in conditioner and gel in it.
- Scrunch it up in the wet hair.
- Then use a microfiber towel to take out the extra moisture
- After that, if it looks a messy, take each indivual curl and curl it around your finger to shape it.
- Then diffuse hair to dry.
I get up at 3 am. There is no way I’m doing all that!
I did steps 1-4 today and here is what it looks like.
What do you think? Is it worth it?