Earthquake Safety Tips!
Here are a few tips for an earthquake. You have to be prepared especially living in the Bay Area!
- Consult a professional to learn how to make your home sturdier.
- Locate a place in each room of the house that you can go to in case of an earthquake. (It should be a spot where nothing is likely to fall on you.)
- Keep a supply of canned food, an up-to-date first aid kit, 3 gallons of water, dust masks and goggles, a working battery-operated radio, and flashlights.
- Know how to turn off your gas and water mains.
If Shaking Begins
- Drop down-take cover under a desk or table and hold on.
- Stay indoors until the shaking stops and you’re sure it’s safe to exit.
- Stay away from bookcases or furniture that can fall on you.