- 2 1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 pound spicy turkey sausage
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach – thawed, drained and squeezed dry (10 ounces)
- 1/2 pound of button mushrooms, chopped
- 6 ounces of organic cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
- Spread croutons on bottom of greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Take sausage out of casings and crumble into medium skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally and drain off any drippings. Spread sausage over croutons.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until well blended. Stir in soup, spinach, mushrooms, cheeses and mustard. Pour egg mixture over sausage and croutons. Spread tomatoes over the top of casserole. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until set and lightly browned on top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve hot.