Warm summer evenings are perfect for gazpacho! Find the sweetest, ripest tomatoes you can to make this fresh chilled soup. Add some crusty bread and a iced beverage for a perfect dinner al fresco in your backyard.
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 3/4 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- Blend the green bell pepper, cucumber, garlic, and 1/2 cup olive oil together in a blender until smooth. Add the tomatoes into the mixture one at a time and blend until smooth. Transfer the soup to a bowl; season with salt and cayenne pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon olive oil to serve.