We have all seen soggy pumpkins at doorsteps before Halloween. I would guess that most people aren’t going for that decayed look. If that is you and you would like to preserve your pumpkin for at least 7-10 days here is a cool hack from Clorox because it does require bleach:
- Carve your pumpkin and clean it out.
- Get a big bucket or plastic bin and put at least 3 gallons of water in it.
- Mix in 3 teaspoons of bleach. It would be a good idea to wear gloves and some clothes you don’t mind altering the color of if it gets bleach on it.
- The pumpkin may try and float so you may have to hold it down to make sure it is completely submerged. It must be in the solution for at least 2 minutes.
- Remove the pumpkin and let it AIR dry.
Most importantly have fun!!
For the original article CLICK HERE.