Asparagus lovers! Spring is finally here which means asparagus are back in season! Try this delicious recipe, it surely won’t disappoint!
- 4 large eggs
- Four thin slices of peasant bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 pounds of peeled fat asparagus
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups of packed young mustard greens or chicory
- 1/2 small thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 pound of thinly sliced and crumbled ricotta salata
- 1 watermelon radish or 2 very thinly sliced large red radishes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the eggs in a saucepan of water and bring to a simmer over moderately high heat.
- Simmer for 6 minutes.
- Drain the saucepan and fill it with cold water.
- Crack the eggs all over and let stand in the water for 1 minutes.
- Peel and thickly slice the eggs; the yolks will be barely cooked but not runny.
- Spread the bread pieces on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the asparagus for about 3 minutes.
- Drain, cool, and cut the asparagus in half lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of oil with vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the asparagus, toasted bread, cheese, greens, and onion.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss.
- Garnish with the eggs and radish and serve.