Back to School Protein Packed Banana Oat Muffins on the go!
By 965koit on August 15, 2017
Getting the kids to school in the morning is hectic! These protein packed Banana Oat Muffins are an easy and healthy breakfast for families on the go!
Banana Oat Protein Muffins
- 3/4 cup mashed overripe banana (1 1/2 large bananas)
- 1/2 cup milk (try coconut or almond for dairy free)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Extra banana slices, for decorating
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray non-stick muffin tin with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed banana, milk, applesauce, butter and vanilla extract. Add oats, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda and gently stir until combined. Fill each tin 2/3 full and top with banana slice (if desired). Bake for 15 minutes and then broil for another 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and muffins are read! Serve warm or cold.