California Fig Salad!
By Hope Bidegainberry on November 15, 2017
Are you looking for a delicious salad recipe to try before the year is over?! Well look no further-here is an easy recipe with tasty California figs!
- 1/4 cup of chopped jarred pepperoncini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of pepperoncini brine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of dried Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice Golden California Figs, stemmed and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 (16 ounce) can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber-peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced thin
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup of pitted and halved kalamata olives
- 1/2 of a small red onion, halved and sliced thin
- 2 (10 inch) pita breads, torn into 1 inch pieces
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/3 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees. Combine pepperoncini brine, vinegar, mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon of oregano in a medium bowl.
- Slowly whisk 5 tablespooons oil into vinegar mixture.
- Add tomatoes, figs, cucumber, feta, chickpeas, olives, pepperoncini, and onion and toss to combine. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Toss pita, garlic, remaining oregano, and remaining oil in a medium bowl.
- BAke pita on rimmed baking sheet for about 10 minutes. (Stirring halfway through baking).
- Stir toasted pita and parsley into salad.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.