Cranberry Walnut Bread
By 965koit on October 31, 2018
Make this Cranberry Walnut Bread ahead of time and enjoy with hot coffee on Thanksgiving Morning! YUM! This recipe is for 3 loaves, you can freeze for later or bring to your host!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups orange juice
- 3 cups whole cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease three 8×4-inch loaf pans.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time then stir in the orange zest.
- Sift the dry ingredients flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl. Then slowly add to the egg mixture, alternating with orange juice. Mix well.
- Coarsely chop the cranberries.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries and walnuts, mixing just enough to evenly combine. Divide the batter evenly among prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cover the tops with aluminum foil 1/2 way through to prevent them from becoming too dark. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaves comes out clean, about 30 minutes more. Cool on wire racks.