Roasted Strawberry, Basil, and Goat Cheese Crostini!
By 965koit on August 15, 2017
Summer is flying by, but before it ends you have to try this amazing summer appetizer! Make it for your late summer parties!
- 4 to 5 ounces of goat cheese
- 1 pound of strawberries (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin oil
- 1 whole-grain baguette or small loaf of crusty whole-grain bread (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves that are torn into little pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F with racks in the middle and upper third of the oven.
- Line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Set the goat cheese on the counter to soften
- On one baking sheet, toss the strawberries with the honey, then spread the strawberries into a single layer.
- Bake on the upper rack- 20 to 25 minutes, tossing halfway.
- On the remaining baking sheet, bruth the olive oil lightly over both sides of each slice of bread.
- Bake on the middle rack for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the toasts are cool enough, top each one with a smear of goat cheese, followed by a spoonful of roasted strawberries and their juices.
- Finish it off with sprinkling basil and black pepper.