Smart & Final: Reuben Style Potato Skins
By Hope Bidegainberry on March 20, 2018
Looking for a delicious recipe for Easter dinner? Try these Reuben style potato skins from Smart & Final!
- 2 whole cleaned russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 cup of cooked pulled corn beef
- 1/2 cup of reserved cooking liquid from the corned beef
- 1/3 cup of Sauerkraut
- 4 tablespoons of Remoulade
- Swiss cheese, optional
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Poke the top of each potato with a fork and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- Once cooked remove, and place on a plate to let cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, us a sharp bread knife to cut lengthwise.
- Scoop out the potato, leaving a bit so the skin holds up.
- Brush the interior and exterior of each potato skin with melted butter.
- Season the inside with salt and pepper.
- Place them under the broiler for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove. Get two skillets out and preheated on the stove over medium heat.
- To one, add the corned beef.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- To the other skillet, add the sauerkraut, and the reserved cooking liquid from the corned beef.
- Cook on medium heat until the sauerkraut comes to a simmer.
- Prepare the potato skins. If you are using Swiss cheese, add it to the bottom of each skin, and place under broiler for a couple of minutes.
- Remove. Top each skin withe the shredded corned beef.
- Add a bit of sauerkraut to the top, and drizzle with the remoulade.
The best place to start Easter shopping is at Smart & Final: CLICK HERE to find a store near you!
For more delicious recipes visit the Smart & Final Facebook Page! Just CLICK HERE for amazing prices at Smart & Final