You can now listen to us on the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot & Echo Show!
Don’t have an Echo or Echo Dot? What are you waiting for?
What is a custom Alexa skill?
- Amazon’s voice service is called Alexa. Much like your phone has an “app”, your Amazon devices (Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Tap, Echo Show, etc) have skills. Users interact with their Alexa enabled device via skills.
- Skills can be “default” – meaning they come pre-enabled on your Alexa device, or they can be “custom”. Custom skills are searchable in the Alexa Skills Store and offer a more robust feature set.
Are custom Alexa skills free for Alexa users?
- Yes, custom Alexa skills are free for users to enable and interact with on their Alexa-enabled devices.
How do I enable 96.5 KOIT’s custom Alexa skill?
- To enable, you have three options:
- Say “Alexa, enable The Ninety Six Point Five Kay Ohh Eye Tea Skill.”
- Search Amazon.com/skill for the skill name & enable
- Open the Alexa companion app on your mobile device, search for 96.5 KOIT & click enable
Once my skill is enabled, how do I use it?
Using a wake word, Alexa begins listening for your commands. The wake word for the The Game skill is: “Alexa… Open Ninety Six Point Five Kay Ohh Eye Tea”
If you say “Alexa…Play Ninety Six Point Five Kay Ohh Eye Tea”, you will likely open the TuneIn app so you can listen live. If you want the skill to open, giving you access to podcasts and more, saying “Alexa,Open Ninety Six Point Five Kay Ohh Eye Tea” works best.
Skills have sets of features/abilities that you can access simply by asking. Until you are familiar with a skill’s abilities, use Help or Options voice commands to hear what a skill can do. When you know what features are available, ask for your specific course of action.
Alexa…Open Ninety Six Point Five Kay Ohh Eye Tea and listen live
Alexa…Open Ninety Six Point Five Kay Ohh Eye Tea and play Nick & Kristen