5 Foods That Can Fight Off A Cold
By Hope Bidegainberry on January 24, 2019
Are you fighting off a cold right now or feel a cold coming?!
Have you heard the term “Feed a cold”? Well, cutting calories when you’re sick might actually make it harder for your body to fight off a virus. Here are five foods that can help with cold and flu symptoms:
- Oysters: they have tons of zinc, which is also in a lot of cold medicines.
- Garlic: blocks enzymes involved in bacterial and viral infections and it helps your immune cells.
- Almonds: Micronutrients in the outer skin can help you fight off a cold by boosting sensitivity in your white blood cells.
- Kiwi: a study a few years ago had one group of people eat kiwi while they were sick, while another group ate bananas. The kiwi group’s symptoms went away up to four days faster.
- Chicken soup: It really does work! It might be thanks to an immune-boosting compound in chicken called carnosine. Studies have also shown it helps with mucus, and can clear your nose if you’re stuffed up.