Candy Canes belong on Christmas trees
By 965koit on November 19, 2019
The whole reason candy canes were made, was to be hung on a Christmas tree. That is what I have lived by my entire life, until Kristen ruined all my fun. She thinks it is weird that we hung our candy canes on the tree because her family never did it. Kristen was genuinely shocked when I suggested it, and it has been a hotly contested subject in the house for years.
So I will lay out the arguments from both sides for you to see. In the end, I am confident that you will choose the correct side of this debate because you are fair and trustworthy. Let the facts speak for themselves.
- It’s a age old tradition that makes the tree look more festive.
- The candy cane is hooked, which makes it great for hanging on trees.
- They have single handed-ly made peppermint the “flavor or the holidays” for all the specialty coffee drinks during the winter months.
- I would argue that only Santa is more symbolic of Christmas than the candy cane, therefore it belongs on the tree.
- They taste like happiness
- Red and white are the true colors of Christmas and it’s because of candy canes.
Kristen’s Argument Against:
- Nope. Not on my tree, that’s stupid.
So as you can see, my argument is clearly the only one worth listening to. However, for the last 10 years that we have been together, I have let her have her way when it comes to the candy cane issue. Not anymore. This year I will put my red and white foot down and demand that they return to the tree.
Not only that, I want all the flavors! Green, blue, orange, purple and pink. You are all invited to hang on my Christmas tree!
But before Christmas gets here, check out our purple Turkey for Thanksgiving.