Five Food Rules for Kids That Adults Love to Break
By Hope Bidegainberry on October 24, 2019
Remember all the rules you hated as a kid, and immediately started BREAKING as soon as you turned 18? A new survey asked people about all the FOOD-related rules their parents had for them.
Here are the top five food rules we had as kids that we love breaking as grown-ups . . .
- No eating on the couch. 51% of us do it as adults. (Seems low. 49% don’t?)
- You can’t have breakfast for dinner, 50%.
- No snacks before a meal, 50%.
- No sweets before bed, 45%.
- You can’t have dessert for dinner, 37%.
The survey also asked about rules we WANT to break but don’t. The top five are eating with your hands . . . blowing bubbles in your drink . . . hiding food you don’t want to eat . . . playing with your food . . . and sneaking food to the dog.
Having FOOD FIGHTS also made the top ten. A third of us sometimes feel the urge.